Wikipedysta:OzarowskaA/brudnopis w encyklopediiZ Wikipedii, wolnej encyklopedii < Wikipedysta:OzarowskaA Przejdź do nawigacji Przejdź do wyszukiwania
The Stanisław Staszic Municipal Park
Lepiej "municipal" - "urban" to miejski w sensie "charakteryzujący się cechami typowymi dla miasta" - np. "an urban lifestyle"; "municipal" to miejski w sensie "należący do miasta". ]
The Stanisław Staszic Municipal Park in Kielce is one of the oldest parks in Poland. Situated at the foot of Wzgórze Zamkowe (The Castle Hill), the park occupies seven hectares in the city centre, and it is enclosed by Jana Pawła II, Ogrodowa, Paderewskiego, Solna, Staszica and Zamkowa streets. In the western area of the park there is a 1.1-hectare lake with a fountain with fish-shaped decorative nozzles. In the past the park used to have a small pier, with boats sailing on the lake.
Ułamki po angielsku z kropką (dlatego nazywa się ona "decimal point"), a nie przecinkiem. Przecinka używa się do oddzielania tysięcy ("1,000 roses")
There are several statues in the park, including an 18th-century statue of St. John Nepomucene and memorials to Stanisław Staszic and Stefan Żeromski as well as a sculpture entitled “Przysięga Miłości” (“A Love Oath”), which is located next to the spring called Biruta which feeds into the lake (the spring is named after the fictional character of Biruta, the lover of Marcin Borowicz in Stefan Żeromski’s novel “Syzyfowe Prace” (Sisyphean Labour). At Solna Street there is a monument commemorating the events of 15th June 1944, when Franz Witek, a Gestapo functionary in charge of the local secret police network, was liquidated by a Home Army squad led by Lt Kazimierz Smolak (nicknamed "Nurek" or "Diver").
Next to Pałacyk Tomasza Zielińskiego (The Palace of Tomasz Zieliński) there is an aviary with many rare birds.
The gardens contains about 1300 trees and shrubs including a mix of chestnuts, ashes, limes, maples, elms and acacias. Some of the trees are over 100 years old.
Several walking routes cross the park, including the Red Route (Czerwony Szlak Miejski), which takes in a number of attractive historical places in the city, the Blue Route (Niebieski Szlak Spacerowy), which leads from Zamkowa Street to Stadion Leśny, and the Green Route (Zielony Szlak Spacerowy) from Zamkowa Street to Bukówka.
The park was first mentioned in 1804, when it was described as a decorative Italian park with agricultural elements containing a lake, a vegetable garden, alleys and bowers. The main alley was staked out in 1818 together with a number of small paths radiating outwards. The alley leads from the entrance at today’s Jana Pawła II Street to the lake. In 1821 it was proposed that a public park should be developed, and it was acted upon in 1830 when the Administration Council of Congress Poland chose a location and laid out a garden open to the general public. The area was prepared and surrounded with a fence under the supervision of three Kielce architects, Wilhelm Giersz, Karol Meyzer and Aleksander Dunin-Borkowski. The work was interrupted by the November Uprising. In 1835, the garden received two Baroque figures brought over from the courtyard of the Jędrzejów Abbey. One of them is the 18th-century statue of St. John Nepomucene, which still stands by the lake, by a local sculptor named Jakub Konecki. In 1837, Maksymilian Strasz became responsible for the maintenance of the park, which became reorganized (the works involved, among other things, the demolition of a mill formerly located by the lake). The lake, which served as a fire water reservoir at the time, fell into disrepair owing to financial difficulties. In 1872, the first lamp posts were built along the main alley. On 2nd September 1906, a monument to Stanisław Staszic was unveiled on the 80th anniversary of his death, the first memorial to Staszic in Poland. The original cast-iron bust by Stanisław Szpakowski turned out to too small in proportion to the whole monument, and was replaced two years later with a marble one by Wacław Smyczyński. Soon after World War 2, another person associated with the region of Kielce was commemorated in the park. Designed by Stanisław Sikora, a Stefan Żeromski memorial was erected near the old restaurant, which had already been demolished by that time. The statue was officially unveiled in 1953. Monika Żeromska, the writer’s daughter, and Kazimierz Wyka, who put forward the suggestion that Żeromski should be honoured in the park, were present for the ceremony. In 1973, Ryszard Wojciechowski’s sculpture “Przysiega Miłosci” (A Love Oath) was placed by the spring at the crossroads of Solna and Staszica Streets. In 1986, the park was renamed after Staszic again. In 2001, a display system identifying the trees was installed, followed three years lated with the development of an aviary with pheasants, partridges, quails and peacocks, which was built next to the walls of Pałacyk Tomasza Zielińskiego.